Friday, September 30, 2011

Stumble Throughs and...other such fun things...

Hey, how's it hanging everybody? I just thought I'd ask you how you are before I started rambling on about myself.

....


Since you don't seem to have anything to say, I'm moving on. Cool?

Cool.

Alright, so Wednesday was our first stumble through of the show, and it was kinda rough, but also kinda fun. Today was our "designer run" (the set designer, costume designer, lighting designer, sound... you get the picture) and it went a WAY more smoothly than wednesday, which is good. I'm actually more memorized than I thought I was, which is always good. Also, we load our set into the theatre tomorrow, which is both good and bad.

It's good in that it will be super fun.


It sucks because I'll be there at 8 am. That is an ungodly hour. I've usually been asleep for 4 hours TOPS by the time that rolls around.

Whatever, let's move away from the show stuff. On to bigger and better things....

Well, not really. I've just always wanted to say that... And now I have.

Let's continue, shall we?

But first....

DUBSTEP



(I told you I'd lie to you again)

And now that you're listening to that great song, we shall continue....finally.

I sang in studio today, which was fun, as usual. I also brought my camera to record it in the hopes of showing you all my epic awesomeness.

However,

Today, my supply of both epic and awesome were running low, so I doubt you'll ever see that video. but you can dream.

But, if you must know, I sang "Stars" from Les Mis. It was decent for sure, above most people's level of par, but not my greatest by any means.

....That sounded conceited, but it wasn't. I just hold myself to a higher standard, because I'll have to if I want to do this professionally. Which I do.

Oaky, 2 things.

1: That wonderful song from above just ran out, so I'm posting another....let's see.....


There. That's a quick recording I did a few days ago, because I know you were all dying to see it. Or, you know.....hear it.

DUDE! What if you could see with your ears, and hear with your eyes?

I know, I'm shutting up.




UGH!


I just remembered I have a paper due in cinema on tuesday. Which sucks, because that class is lame. You think "Hey, this class is going to be cool, all watching movies and talking about them and junk." Which it is, minus the cool part. I'm not a big fan of teaching by the book, and by that I mean giving a kid a book and saying "Read. Learn." It's a terrible way to teach, in my humble (correct) opinion. If you want me to know something that will be on a test, you sure as hell better tell me about it in person, or you're wasting my money, and your time.

/Endrant.

Oh, yeah. I said there would be 2 things up there, and I never told you the second.... I go on tangents sometimes, it's how I roll.

Okay, so 2: I lied about not talking about the show again in the post..... which I'm now pretty sure I never actually said..... whatevs.

So basically, by the end of today's rehearsal, I looked like I had run a marathon. There was a band of sweat going around my shirt, which is not attractive when there are attractive ladies in the room (Did that make you feel uncomfortable? Cause it made me uncomfortable. However, I'm leaving it in here, because if I wanted you to think highly of me, I'd hire somebody to make up awesome things about me.)

So back to rehearsal. Or the show, really, because I'm kind of finished with today's rehearsal...for now. Anywho, the costume I'm going to be wearing basically consists of thick, thermal-like pants, a matching shirt, and a tunic that goes over top which somehow breathes even less than the pants and shirt. What does this mean for you at home, viewers?...

Absolutely nothing.

However,

It does mean that I will be absolutely roasting on stage. If you come to the show (which you should, or we aren't friends anymore. Yeah, I'll go the emotional abuse route) and you smell a faint hint of delicious bacon wafting towards you, don't get your hopes up, There is no bacon, it's just me sweating my a$$ off for your entertainment.

So enjoy it.


You know, I wonder if anyone actually reads this, but I don't know that I care. It's actually quite cathartic (spelled right first try, hells yeah) and I enjoy it.

Well, I think that is about it for now. I guess I'll be going then......








Will you miss me? Cause I'll miss you........
















(I love you)

No comments:

Post a Comment