Wednesday, November 16, 2011

D-Day

It's D-Day.

D for Diet, that is.


I had decided I want to lose weight, not just because I want to be healthier, but mostly for my voice. I have a feeling that if I were to lose a good amount of weight, my voice would be a lot better.

Anywho, after I had decided this, my dad told me about something his friend from church was doing, so I went over to his house on Saturday, and we talked about it. He's been on it a week, and lost 7 pounds, an inch at the waist, an inch at the belly, and an inch at the chest. So, long story short, I wanted in.

So now, I'm in. I'm really hoping to lose more than a pound a day though, and I know it can be done, because I've done it before. The problem with what I did before was that I ate nothing but salad, chicken, and tuna for 2 weeks. Sure I lost 35 pounds, but I also lost a wee bit of my mind in the process. However, I really think this is something I will be able to stick to without going insane, as it doesn't limit what I can eat. So there is that.



Also, I had a really good lesson today. I finally started to understand how I can get my high notes without pushing, which is excellent. It means I can get clearer, more accurate high notes using less breath. In short, it makes me sound like a beastly god of awesomeness.


You'd enjoy it.


You know what I enjoy? My vocal coach telling me that I have potential. I usually don't see it as much as he does, but he believes in me, and I believe in him, so there is that.


I have 4 concerts coming up in December, and I'm dang excited for every one of them. Well, technically 3, but in one of them, I am in 2 different groups, so there is that. <<<<


ALSO!!!!!!!!


I am going to be in an awesome Christmas show being Music Directed by my friend Tracie. I'll be singing 2 solos, a duet, and have a feature in "O Holy Night" which is going to be awesome. It's also going to be in Show Low, so that will be really fun :D


A few days ago, I finished my small group service project at Boys and Girls Club, which was a lot more enjoyable than I thought it would be. It started out rough, but it was actually a really good experience. I think helping during the homework hour was my favorite part, and not only because the girl who supervised it is extremely cute....... ;) Met some cool guys that work there, Dylan and Jordan, and basically just hung out with them the last 2 hours of each day. Overall, not a bad experience (did I mention the super cute girl????)


Btw, interjecting for a moment, I love when people put "No copyright infringement intended" on youtube videos that are definitely in breach of copyright. That's like saying, "Well you know judge, I didn't mean to murder him, honest." See how that works for ya.


I think that is it for now, see you kids later.


-Taylor.







No comments:

Post a Comment